My photo
Tokyo, Japan
Miu Ré Rosario.Turn Sixteen on 20 December. Be nice and Leave me Comments on ☆★☆Guestbook☆★☆

Saturday, June 26, 2010

My future

It is the year 2025 , I am working in Japan , Tokyo as Vacation Tour Director
The job is glamorous ,get paid for planning and taking vacations -- albeit for other people.
I live in triple-storey narrow house overlooking a beautiful beach .
I have a Japanese husband and two children . I am successful and happy . Life couldn't be better . I was driving back home after arranging a dream vacations by handling details like the hotel accommodations and tours.
I phone my children that I will be home soon.
I decided to take a different route back home to drop by XXX mall to get my daughter a stuffed-doll.
I was driving on the York road and the mall is in my view , the weather was sunny and the road was dry..I stopped on the intersection waiting the green light to make a left turn. when the light turned green, I moving forward , just as I was about to make a left turn and then BAM ! I am hit by a bus coming from the left side while a overloaded lorry come for the right side .
And I was squash like a cold sandwich .

I got involve in car accident . I die , and that wonderful vision of the future is gone ..

It can happen at any time . Not only death , but accidents , mishaps , and even little slip-ups that can change the course of history --Your history !
If i had not wanted those stuffed toy for my daughter , I wouldn't have taken a different route.I would have lived .
Fatalists would disagree .
They would say that my personal history has already been written . They're wrong . I am writing my own history . Every decision i make affect my future . And i am not just talking about the big decision like which university to go to or what course to study . Even little decision along the way has the impact upon your future .

The decision to do or not do my holiday homework , for example.

If I had decided to sleep late and not meet Marie in the library to finish up my homework , as i had really wanted , then I will never done it .
My subject teacher will be angry and demand the homework the next day . But I have rebelled once and the lure of slacking is too strong . My grade drop .
My father starts nagging me and I begin to resent him . We quarrel almost everyday .Life at home become unbearable .
I move out and onto street . I can't find work because not only i am unskilled , I am undisciplined . I don't want to work .
I become a thief , a homeless person , a drug addict , a beggar .
A far cry from the Vacation Tour Director .

Is this an extreme example ? Maybe . But the point I am trying to make is that from the earliest age , our future has been in our hand . Not our parent's hands ( as much as they try to control us ), But ours .
That can be scary for some , but empowering for others .

So what about me ? My future ? Well , I get up this morning and went to library .
As for the rest of it , I'll keep you posted .

No comments: